Thursday, December 9, 2010

Punk Drunk Love

The other day K and I were sitting in the car, while Evin ran in a store to get some things. I will usually entertain K by pretending to be really sad that Evin is gone and K gladly comforts me. Usually it goes something like this...

Dad: Oh no. Mommy is gone. Will she ever comeback? (big frown)
Kesiah: It's okay daddy.
Dad: I miss her so much I think I'm going to cry. (begin the sup sups)
Kesiah: Don't cry daddy. I'm here!
Dad: Ah, much better.

K LOVES this game but on this particular day, K was in a mood and just wanted to sit there...

Kesiah: Daddy, can you play some music?
Dad: Sure baby. (radio on and manual scan started)
I got to Album 88 and Youth Brigade's "Sink with California" was already playing.
Kesiah: Thumbs up!
Dad: (singing along) Sink with California when it falls in to the sea!
Dad: Ya know, I listened to this stuff when I was a kid. It's called punk rock.
Kesiah: I love Punch rock!
Youth Brigade was followed by 7 Seconds' "Walk Together Rock Together".
Kesiah: Thumbs up!
Kesiah: Can you make it louder?
Kesiah: I LOVE PUNCH ROCK!

I guess I have to add 7 Seconds to her list of favs. My kid is cool!

If you are unfamiliar and curious about what she thumbed up, here it is:

Sink with California:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou5OFEWj9Jg

Walk Together Rock Together:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3Kk0Fgls8U

2 comments:

Brooks said...

What-on-earth-Atlanta-radio-station were you listening to that play 7 Seconds!!?!?

Mama said...

Album 88 :D It's not just for high school students, you know.