Monday, November 29, 2010

My Heart Belongs to Mommy (Still)

Bedtime at the Family G household is usually one parent reading bedtime stories to K. Sometimes K gets the pleasure of both of us, either by request or just because. Tonight was a "just because" night. K did choose mommy to read her stories but I snuggled in next to her to listen to the stories too. I was met with the most satisfying smile as I got cozy. The conclusion of the story is normally followed by some snuggling time. At the conclusion of tonight's story...

Kesiah: Daddy I want you to...
Kesiah: Mommy, how do you politely say...
Kesiah: (inaudible whisper)
Mom: (inaudible whisper)
Kesiah: I want to cuddle only with mommy. Could you please leave?
Dad: Sure. Thanks for asking my nicely. Kiss me first.
Kesiah: Muah.
I attempt to get up.
Kesiah: YOUR CANE YOUR CANE!

I guess I have been getting use to having almost equal status with mommy and I have been feeling extra special with all the attention I've been getting due to my darn ankle. At least, I didn't have to say "Now is that the way to talk to me?"

I find it sweet that she cares enough for my feelings that she asked how to say politely "I don't want you, go!" and to remind me that I have a cane.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I want to be just like Kesiah when I grow up.