Monday, April 27, 2009

In Frankie's Memory... Thank You Mr. Manning!

Today, Frankie Manning passed away. His influence has directly touched Evin's and my life forever. Thanks to Tia Bela, he has touched Kesiah's life as well. Tia Bela bought "Happy Feet" for Kesiah. This is a cute children's book about the Savoy Ballroom, in which Frankie "Muscle Head" Manning is mentioned.

Mom: Noah, Frankie is in the hospital.
Dad: Oh no...
Kesiah: Is he sick?
Mom: Well, Frankie is very old just like Sammy.
Kesiah: Who is Frankie?
Mom: That's Muscle Head.
Kesiah: Like the book?
Mom: Yes. Did you know that mommy danced with Frankie once?
Kesiah's jaw hit the floor with thud. She was speechless but pleasantly surprised.
Dad: He yelled at me once.
Kesiah: Why?
Dad: I'll tell you about it when you're older.

6 comments:

nuprinz said...

I'm older.. Tells me!

thanks for posting this. It gives me great comfort that K is impressed her mommy danced with Musclehead.

Bela Naomi said...

aww, I am glad you (and Kesiah) are enjoying the book. I too want to hear the story! i got to take classes from Frankie in 2005, and then had a full dance with him where I was a nervous wreck! :-)

He is an inspiration and will be missed. RIP Frankie.

Noah Galang said...

I bare enough of my personal life on this blog (or enough of Kesiah's). If you really want to know then but me a drink and let's see if I talk.

Bela Naomi said...

heh. how exactly do I "but you a drink"?

Noah Galang said...

Now that is a typo! That's what I get for posting after polishing off a bottle of wine while watching the live feed from Frankie's Memorial Party at Fizz.

nuprin said...

noah, you're English is awesome. Thanks for coming by last night :)