Thursday, July 29, 2010

This is Gaye

I have Marvin Gaye stuck in my head and it reminded me of a few things. One thing is K's taste in music. This kid is awesome. Some of her favs include: Hum, Sliversun Pickups, Erykah Badu, and Marvin Gaye. Btw, she goes nuts when she hears Fugazi or Pailhead.

Anyway, here are some Marvin Gaye related K events:

While "Let's get it on" was playing...
Kesiah: What is this song about?
Mom: (snicker) Um...
Dad: It's about good friends.
Kesiah: Wow, they must BEST friends!

On a different occasion "Let's get it on" was playing...
Kesiah: I like this song and the "You're all I need" song.
Dad: "You're All I Need to Get By"?
Kesiah: YES!
We both start singing the intro.
Kesiah: I like the "Get By" song because it is nice. I like "Let's Get it On" because it has groove!
Dad: You know what groove is?
Kesiah: Yeah. Groove does this.
She started bopping her head.

Yet another dinner when she requested Marvin Gaye for ambiance...
Kesiah: Dad, when he sings "baby" will you sing "maybe". Yeah, do that. Please.
K is referring to the song "I'll Be Dog Gone" and transforming it to say:

"Then I wouldn't be dog gone. I'd be long gone... maybe"

No comments: