Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Oakhurstville Horror

I should save this for a "Halloween Edition" but something happened tonight that gave me the willies! This may very well be Kesiah's imagination at work but nevertheless it does not fail in giving me a spine traveling shivering tingle when it happened.

When we first moved in to our new home...

Dad: Kesiah, go take off your shoes and put it in your closet. It's time to get ready for bed.
After a few minutes...
Kesiah: I don't want to.
Dad: Why baby?
Kesiah: (visibly disturbed) There's a scary man in my room.
Dad: Where? Show me baby.
She takes me by the hand and guides me to her closet. She nervously points directly to it.
Dad: Where?
Kesiah: He's standing right there.
Dad: What is he doing?
Kesiah then hunches over and positions her hand as if she was holding a cane.

Then TONIGHT during bedtime stories...

Kesiah was nervously distracted.
Dad: What is it baby?
Kesiah: Who's that girl?
Dad: What? What do you mean?
Kesiah: The girl at the door.
Kesiah points to the empty place at the threshold.
Dad: Maybe she wants to hear the story.
Kesiah: She didn't leave. Dad, you're Quack remember.

Earlier, we were pretending that I was Quack and she was Chirp from the PBS show "Peep". My guess is that she wanted to things to be fun again.

These two instances are not the only times she has claimed to see a little girl or an old man in our home. C'mon now, isn't that freaky fun???

2 comments:

A.M. said...

Maybe she's seeing this

"In Philippine folklore, the dwende are little spirits, usually helpful and friendly, but when offended they can cause sickness and even death. They live in houses and occupy themselves by singing, making noise, and throwing sand and pebbles."

Noah Galang said...

That describes an event I personally experienced in the Philippines. Although my family attributed it to a dwarf or what is commonly known in the States as a garden gnome.